Rheumatology is the field of medicine that is concerned with the evaluation and treatment of people with autoimmune conditions and joint diseases, including arthritis. Branches of rheumatology include basic research and clinical research, as well as clinical diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of patients with these illnesses. It represents a subspecialty in internal medicine and paediatrics that is devoted to the adequate diagnosis and therapy of rheumatic diseases.
Department of Rheumatology is unique in many ways where qualified consultants work together for all the patients suffering with Rheumatological (or rheumatism), and Musculoskeletal disorders including Gathiya Bai or Arthritis, low backache arthritis by introducing innovative, scientific and guided rheumatologic interventional techniques in therapeutic armamentarium against these crippling disorders. These have already been proved to be of great help to the patients.
Focus areas and procedures
- Arthritis (joint pain & or swelling) like Rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Spondyloarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, JIA (juvenile idiopathic arthritis) and others
- Muscle weakness and inflammation (myositis)
- Scleroderma / systemic sclerosis
- SLE (lupus)
- Vasculitis like GPA, MPA, Takayasu Arteritis, Polyarteritis Nodosa and others
- Metabolic bone diseases like osteoporosis
- Sjogren syndrome
- Primary and secondary immune deficiency diseases
- Autoinflammatory diseases
- Behcet’s disease
- Septic and tubercular arthritis
- Soft tissue rheumatism
- Others: rare autoimmune diseases and HIV