Breast cancer is cancer that forms in the cells of the breasts.
After skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in women in the United States. There are many types of breast cancer that differ in their capability of spreading (metastasize) to other body tissues.
The causes of breast cancer are not yet fully known, although a number of risk factors have been identified.
There are many different types of breast cancer.
Breast cancer symptoms and signs include :
- a lump in the breast or armpit,
- bloody nipple discharge,
- inverted nipple,
- orange-peel texture or dimpling of the breast's skin,
- breast pain or sore nipple,
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck or armpit, and
- a change in the size or shape of the breast or nipple.
- Breast cancer can also be symptom-free, which makes following national screening recommendations an important practice.
Breast cancer can occur in both men and women, but it's far more common in women.
Surgery on the thyroid gland, called a thyroidectomy, involves removal of some or all of your thyroid. It's performed for a variety of reasons and the amount that's removed depends on why you need the surgery. A thyroidectomy is traditionally an inpatient surgery that involves an overnight stay, though many practices perform outpatient surgery as well. Knowing what to expect can help you prepare for your procedure, its possible complications, and your recovery.
PurposeThyroid surgery is performed in a number of circumstances, including:
- To rule out or treat thyroid cancer
- To remove small growths on your thyroid (cysts or nodules)
- When an enlarged thyroid (goiter) or multiple nodules swell and cause cosmetic, breathing, or swallowing problems
- In pregnant women when hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) is not controllable with antithyroid drugs and requires immediate treatment
- When other forms of treatment for hyperthyroidism, i.e. antithyroid drugs or radioactive iodine, have not been effective
- When you don't want to have radioactive iodine or you can't use antithyroid medications
- In children, if the practitioner or parent wishes to avoid radioactive iodine
- The incidence of breast cancer has increased annually in India and the methods of diagnoses and treatment have recently been developing rapidly.
- We provide accurate and precise diagnosis with new techniques and effective treatment based on the latest research.
- We actively perform breast-conserving surgeries and sentinel lymph node biopsies which ensure you receive the most advanced personalized care with the least impact to your body. We also offer accurate diagnostic imaging and navigation surgery. We are constantly striving to find new and better ways to conquer breast cancer.